It only seems appropriate that the 13th volume of the covers project would
coincide with Hallowe'en night. There's nothing much in the way of spooky involved, however - but I did take a different approach to this covers mix. It focuses entirely on mellow/ballad versions of songs, tunes that, while totally cool, always felt out of place when I tried cramming them on previous mixes.
We'll be back to the regularly scheduled programming come next installment.
1. Ken Stringfe11ow Kids Don't Follow (The Replacements)
2. Per Gess1e Sheena is a Punk Rocker (Ramones)
3. Oh Mercy Someday (The Strokes)
4. Nico1e Atkins Under the Milky Way (The Church)
5. Michae1 Carpenter Wonderful World (Sam Cooke)
6. S1obberbone To Love Somebody (The BeeGees)
7. Naked Prey Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell)
8. Missy Higgins Don't Believe Anymore (Icehouse)
9. Jesse Ma1in Stay Free (The Clash)
10. Ezra Furman Androgynous (The Replacements)
11. Boz Scaggs Mixed Up, Shook Up Girl (Mink Deville)
12. Mote1 Beds I've Been Waiting (Matthew Sweet)
13. Aimie Mann Too Many People (Paul McCartney)
14. Bob Forrest Melt With You (Modern English)
15. The Ki11s Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)
16. Jose Gonza1es #9 Dream (John Lennon)
17. Linus of Ho11ywood Beth (Kiss)
18. Richard Buckner Candy-O (The Cars)
19. Lydia Love1ess I Would Die 4 U (Prince)
20. Jamie T Bastards of Young (The Replacements)
Power pop, garage, R&B, Americana, soul, glam, and punk all mixed, matched, masticated, and otherwise mulched.
Everything on this blog is an attempt to support bands and artists that I feel deserve more attention. If you have a problem with my use of a song or a link, please contact me directly and I'll simply remove it. T'ain't no big thang.